26.12.15

How To: Pan de Pascua (Christmas Fruitcake)


Wow Christmas is over already??? I hope that everyone had an amazing Christmas with lots of love, presents and yummy food (LOL) with all your family and friends.
So I did a lot of baking here at home which I don't mind since I really enjoy it, and one of the things that I baked was a Christmas fruitcake or how we call it in Spanish Pan de Pascua. This recipe has been in my family for many years and I thought it would be nice to share it.
If you guys are having company coming over for the holidays this recipe will make your house smell like a Holiday in the oven (meaning amazing :D ).
My birthday is tomorrow so I decided to bake some goodies since I know I will be having people dropping by to celebrate with me.



Dry Ingredients:
In a large bowl

3 cups of all purpose flour
1 cup of icing sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 tbsp of salt
1 tbsp ground cinnamon 
1 tbsp ground clove 
2 tbsp magic baking powder

Preheat oven to 350 degrees Celsius. In a medium bowl separate half a cup of your dry ingredients and add in 1 cup of diced walnuts (optional), 1 cup of fruit mixed, and 1 cup of raisins. This process helps avoid your mixture from clumping.

Add in liquid ingredients (to large bowl):
2 large eggs
1 cup of milk
1 cup of vegetable oil
2 tsp aguardiente
2 tsp almond extract

Mix all together including the fruit set aside. Grease with butter a cake mold and put in your batter. Before putting in the oven whisk an egg and brush on top of mixture. Leave in oven for 1 hour.



Enjoy! Happy Holidays!

xoxo

No comments:

Copyright @ Stephannie's Blog. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign