10.1.18

How to: Quinoa Salad

Hello everyone!

First of all I would like to wish you all a very Happy New Years! I can't believe we are already in the first week of January! how crazy is that?! 
This year I have made it my plan to try new things, step outside my comfort zone, and put myself out there. Like for real.... I have always been a little camera shy (believe it or not) or have in some sort of way always been a little intimidated about what people may say. I know that's weird coming from a blogger but hey, I'm only human.
I'm currently in South America- sunny Chile, I figured what a great way to start the year then in another country and with good weather. It's currently 34 degrees outside and I'm loving every single bit of it. 

During the summer I am a big fan of eating a lot of fresh salads and light meals. With that said, one of the things that I love to make which is super easy and under budget is quinoa. You can add a chicken breast or a few veggies on the side or make it into a salad just by adding a few ingredients.  There are so many ways to make quinoa. You can have served hot or cold- play along with ingredients and I promise you won't be disappointed.


Quinoa is a an ancient power food other wise known as a "super grain". Its a great source of protein and its a a health gluten free carbohydrate. 



I always like to make extra so I can keep in the fridge for a couple of days so I can have. It's super easy to make and with the veggies added its healthy to snack on. 




I like to cook my quinoa with chicken stock or water for about 15-20 minutes. 
(1 cup of quinoa= 2 cups of liquid). Add in your diced green peppers, green onions, corn, salt, pepper, chilli powder (that's if you like that little kick) and the juice of a whole lemon.


Hope you guys enjoy
xoxo,

No comments:

Copyright @ Stephannie's Blog. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign